Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages 123>»
Davetwin's Lamborghini Countach Build Options
davetwin
#1 Posted : 12 October 2014 17:36:51

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team

Thought I would kick off my build log for this kit.

Although I am still waiting for the first pack to be dispatched this hasnt stopped me looking around the internet and watching videos thinking of ideas for my build.

I must say everything I have seen so far I am finding it hard to think of a way to improve it, for example with my Nissan I rubberised the plastic hoses but this looks like it has rubber hoses.

I do plan to 'detail' the panels in much the same way I detail my real car.

I will probably start with a light polish using a megs polish I have then follow up with wither a sealant or wax, probably both to give it a really deap finish.

The sealant I use is Jeffs Werkstatt Jett topped with Jeffs Werkstatt Gloss

I then have a selection of waxes I can use, I am yet to choose which one will be used though.

A few pictures for you;

Selection of waxs

A few pictures of the real thing, sadly not a Lamborghini. Silver is one of the hardest colours to detail and get good refelctions from.

birdaj2
#2 Posted : 12 October 2014 18:48:29

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, registriert

That is one heck of a shine you have on that bodywork - looks brilliant ( in all senses of the word).

Will be following your build with great interest as despite all my pre-launch bravado and excitement about this one it's just a little out of my price bracket at the moment.

If it's still available when I have finished my SOS subscription I may well be tempted (depending on what other treats they launch by then).

Hope you do not have to wait too long for your parts.

Happy Modelling

Tony
Silent_Running
#3 Posted : 12 October 2014 19:33:50

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service Medal
Groups: Registered, registriert

birdaj2 wrote:
That is one heck of a shine you have on that bodywork - looks brilliant ( in all senses of the word).

Will be following your build with great interest as despite all my pre-launch bravado and excitement about this one it's just a little out of my price bracket at the moment.

If it's still available when I have finished my SOS subscription I may well be tempted (depending on what other treats they launch by then).

How you do not have to wait too long for your parts.

I wouldn't worry about getting carried away with the Lambo Tony. I think we are all guilty of that one [laugh] [drool] [drool]

I think we would all like every model on here, but I think it would also be true to say that the vast majority of the members on here are working with a budget (myself included), and its simply not possible to get every model that you would like, more's the pity [crying].

Choosing a new model for myself always takes ages, and I mean ages. Looking at the pictures again and again, seeing what other members build diaries look like, reading the text over and over and watching the video's. I get myself twisted in knots trying to compare different kits. It can back fire though. I left it too long for the Zero and ended up missing out. Although to be fair I didn't realise there was a finite amount of stock and thought it was a rolling subscription with new stock being added all the time. I know better now of course.

The Lamborghini quality is absolutely superb and the model is simply stunning. There's no other way of putting it.

I'll be watching your build diary with interest Dave, I can't wait to see how the waxes look on your build! [biggrin]
Glenn
stevie_o
#4 Posted : 02 November 2014 10:41:15

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Global Forum Support, Registered, Official Builds, Administrators, registriert, Moderator

davetwin
#5 Posted : 02 November 2014 17:32:12

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

stevie_o wrote:
Looking forward to you getting started Dave, You'll be looking out for the postie all week now[laugh]

Steve

I can't wait either [cool]

In the meantime after lots of badgering I got a large box and a large bag of missing parts delivered for the Nissan GT-R today. They arrived on Friday but I was away in Devon with the fiance, our neighbour dropped them into me today.

Will post some pictures later [biggrin]
davetwin
#6 Posted : 08 November 2014 16:56:19

Was excited today when the postman arrived with a parcel from Modelspace. It did take a little bit longer than expected but seeing as its a new release I was ok with this.

The overal quality of the parts is simply jaw dropping, although I did have some issues with a couple of parts, namely the paint finish as can be seen in the pictures, however I am not really too concerned about this as with anything you buy there is always some that are faulty. I am sure that others have had faulty parts in other part works that need replacing, I know I did with the Nissan.

So email fired off and no concerns at all that it wont be sorted as DeAgostini's customer service has always been fantastic.

One thing that really caught my attention was how heavy the rear spoiler and wheels are, I didnt have anything to weigh them with but they are pretty hefty.

Warning, Picture heavy.

Nice big box [biggrin]

3 Packs down, another 77 to go [drool]

The magazine / build instructions a really great quality too with some fantastic pictures in them

So Pack 1

Unfortunately a scratch in the paint, this part is seriously heavy

Some fantastic detail on the wheel

On to pack 2, fantastic clean detailing on the tyres, oh and assembled wing in the background

Fantastic badge detail on the bonnet

Sadly bonnet scratched and dust under the paint

Cylinder head covers with some really nice clean details

Onto Pack 3, Seat for later issue, this is a rubbery type material

Cylinder head covers added to cylinder head, the silver bolts were a pain to get in but patience paid off

That concludes this part of the build. I am really excited after seeing the quality of the parts received so far and looking forward to the next issue [biggrin]
stevie_o
#7 Posted : 08 November 2014 18:27:50

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Global Forum Support, Registered, Official Builds, Administrators, registriert, Moderator

Nice to see your up and running Dave, It certainly is a quality partwork. It's hard to imagine the weight of those parts until you handle them[biggrin]
I'm sure your paint finish issues will be sorted out for you.
Steve
arpurchase
#8 Posted : 08 November 2014 18:46:34

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Official Builds, Moderator, Tech Support

[biggrin] Nice start Dave have you thought about a coat of Klear to see if it will cover those scratches, just an idea that might work
Current builds:-D51,Zero,Santisima Trinidad,Honda CB750, Harley Davison Fat Boy, Lamborghini Coantach, Senna MP4/4, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
davetwin
#9 Posted : 08 November 2014 19:15:38

Thanks for stopping by guys.

I have no doubt that the faulty parts will be sorted, in the meantime I will try a coat of clear tomorrow, thanks for the tip

This certainly is going to a heavy model when done
Eagle
#10 Posted : 08 November 2014 21:28:14

Groups: Registered

You could try some 12000grit wet sandpaper on the hood, it might fix those rough paint issues shown in the photos, though mine did not look like that at all when I received it.
davetwin
#11 Posted : 08 November 2014 21:33:17

Eagle wrote:
You could try some 12000grit wet sandpaper on the hood, it might fix those rough paint issues shown in the photos, though mine did not look like that at all when I received it.

Thanks Eagle, I was thinking that I might try the wet sanding route topped with some klear, after all I've got nothing to lose.

I am certain that this is an isolated incident, unfortunately it is a reality that with any kind of production a faulty item will slip through the net.
Gandale
#12 Posted : 08 November 2014 21:56:47

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Tech Support, Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator

Great to see you up and running with this one Dave, will be following your progress all the way.....[cool] [cool] .. Hope you get those paint blemishes sorted out soon....[cool] [cool]

Regards

Alan
Diary Index - (SOTS) - http://forum.model-space...;m=58478&#post58478
Present Build
HMS SOTS - Mantua's RMS Titanic - San Francisco II
Subscribed to
HMS Vic - Santísima Trinidad - HMS Hood - Cutty Sark - Yamato - RM Roma - San Felipe

davetwin
#13 Posted : 09 November 2014 10:35:36

Thanks Alan

I'm itching to get the next set of parts already
Warthog
#14 Posted : 09 November 2014 11:30:54

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Official Builds

Dave

If you have ordered a replacement then I would not go down the route of clear coating or polishing out the specks as you may be asked to return the faulty part for them to see what the problem is. Any further damage caused by yourself could result in you paying for your replacement.

If you decide to polish out the dust particles and not opt for a replacement part then 12000 Micromesh should be sufficient without the need to Klear coat.

Spencer
davetwin
#15 Posted : 09 November 2014 17:22:49

Warthog wrote:

Dave

If you have ordered a replacement then I would not go down the route of clear coating or polishing out the specks as you may be asked to return the faulty part for them to see what the problem is. Any further damage caused by yourself could result in you paying for your replacement.

If you decide to polish out the dust particles and not opt for a replacement part then 12000 Micromesh should be sufficient without the need to Klear coat.

Spencer

Thank for the advice Spencer, I have fired off an email so will hold off doing anything until I hear back and go from there.
davetwin
#16 Posted : 08 December 2014 22:18:35

I was really excited when the postman turned up today with my 2nd Lambo pack. I decided that as I was on my last night shift which I knew was going to be quiet that I would take it to work with me. Waiting until I got to work to start working on this was quite hard.

Lots of pics to show how much of a quality partwork this is, I really enjoyed building this pack and am now eagerly awaiting pack 3

First off Stage 04, finishing off the camshaft covers. More of the chrome bolts to put in, by far the most annoying part of the build so far for sheer 'fiddlyiness'

Next is the front bumper to assemble, each fog light is pushed in with the plastic glass inserted second. After inserting the glass I used the edge of my microfibre towel to push it home securing the whole unit into the bumper

Onto stage 05 where we assemble one of the front wheels, much the same as the rear but just thinner

Stage 06 where we assemble the front spoiler with the bumper and the air conditioner (A/C) braket. Yet more of those annoying chrome bolts, although they do add a nice bit of detailing

Stage 07 Starting the A/C compressor, lots of parts included with this pack

Thats it for this build until January
Gandale
#17 Posted : 08 December 2014 22:35:34

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Tech Support, Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Moderator

Looks like you're really enjoying this build Dave, some fabulous close up pics of the detail on this build and put together really nicely too.... well done, look forward to your next instalment....[cool] [cool]

Regards

Alan
Diary Index - (SOTS) - http://forum.model-space...;m=58478&#post58478
Present Build
HMS SOTS - Mantua's RMS Titanic - San Francisco II
Subscribed to
HMS Vic - Santísima Trinidad - HMS Hood - Cutty Sark - Yamato - RM Roma - San Felipe

arpurchase
#18 Posted : 08 December 2014 22:57:36

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Official Builds, Moderator, Tech Support

[biggrin] Nicely done Dave[cool]
Current builds:-D51,Zero,Santisima Trinidad,Honda CB750, Harley Davison Fat Boy, Lamborghini Coantach, Senna MP4/4, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi.

davetwin
#19 Posted : 09 December 2014 13:52:12

Thanks Alan and Andy

I certainly am enjoying this, except the long wait now for the next parts :D
Ponty
#20 Posted : 18 December 2014 06:02:34

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Nice progress Dave. Great detail in the photos. [cool]
Building - DeAgostini HMS Victory, McLaren MP4-23, Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa, Harley Davidson Fat Boy, Lamborghini Countach