Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Parrel Ribs Options
saintsman123
#1 Posted : 07 June 2011 10:01:19

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Registered, registriert

I was given a model of the Santa Maria for my birthday recently, having gone over the plans and part list I've found a bit I have never heard of...Parrel Ribs. These are small metallic pieces with 3 holes in them, they appear to be used on the parrel holding the yards to the mast but I'm not sure how they fit, I know my description is a bit vague, but it's kinda hard to describe, but I'm sure someone on here will know about them.
cheers
Come on you Jimmies
willie
#2 Posted : 07 June 2011 11:45:22

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service Medal

the parrel ribs hold the bottom yards to the mast they are linked to geather with beeds between them with thread start with a good length of thread and pass throuhgt one of the holes about 25mm. on the long end feed a beed then an other parrel repeat till about 8 parrels[8 parrels 7 beeds]take the thread turn it to go in to the second hole leaveing 25 mmon this side repeat with beeds in second hole when finish second hole turn thread an reapeat with thired hole leaving25mm at the endand finish with 25 mm end tie the ends to geather next to the parrels ,the ends then tie around the mast ps the size i said will fit a 10 mm mast if not shour about the ends going around the yard leave the ends longer TAKE a look at coral fittings parrels at cornwall models boats it will show you pictures of them
saintsman123
#3 Posted : 07 June 2011 12:19:32

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution

THANKS WILLIE i'LL HAVE A LOOK
Come on you Jimmies
saintsman123
#4 Posted : 07 June 2011 12:25:09

oops caps lock on
Come on you Jimmies
karl1113
#5 Posted : 07 June 2011 12:59:03

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Registered, Tech Support, registriert

take a loo at this,
#67 Posted : 17 October 2010 19:12:05
also if you look at the bottom of my icon you will see santa maria that is my build log.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
saintsman123
#6 Posted : 07 June 2011 13:07:00

Thanks Karl, nice build, what kit was that? mine is the A/L it's amazing how each different kit maker makes them slightly different, you then question some of the historical accuracy of even the Victory build, and is is even worth really bothering about accuracy if you build it straight from the box? as long as you end up with something that you are proud of
Come on you Jimmies
karl1113
#7 Posted : 07 June 2011 13:21:20

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Registered, Tech Support, registriert

I think it was an amati kit.did'nt know a/l did it.good luck with the build,lets see some pics as you progress.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/