Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Wingnut Wings 1/32 Lancasters coming in 2019. Options
arpurchase
#1 Posted : 11 October 2018 15:31:05

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Official Builds, Moderator, Tech Support

Wingnut Wings are develping 1/32 - Avro Lancaster B.Mk.1/III and Avro Lancaster B.Mk.III "Dambusters" kits for release in 2019. I think having seen Wingnuts quality in there kits I know which Lanc I will be going for:-

http://www.wingnutwings....DD5F39CAECBADF977AC4E59

http://www.wingnutwings....96033E0A9FACF2D992782F5

If you click on the images there are around 10cad drawings of the models to be seen.Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool

Global Forum Support Team
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

https://www.youtube.com/...4f1LE86w&app=desktop
Tomick
#2 Posted : 11 October 2018 15:46:04

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Administrator, registriert, Official Builds, Tech Support

The CAD's look great and will put the cat among the pigeons and if the quality and accuracy is anything like their 1/32 WW1 kit's, though don't seem have any aft fuselage interior detail like the HKM Lanc and no clear fus parts though this is only on the first batch of HKM.

Interesting idea to have removable outboard wing sections for ease of display and WWII era fabric covered elevators.

Better still, the owner of Wingnut Wings is Peter Jackson who is the man behind the Dambusters movie remake, so has a vested interest.

Peter has had a life long interest in scale modelling and, after seeing the movie The Blue Max as a young boy, First World War aviation as well. He is very pleased to be able to share his passion for high quality scale models of First World War aircraft with like minded hobbyists through Wingnut Wings and hopes that modellers will get as much enjoyment out of these models as he does. Peter's other interests include vintage aircraft, military history, movie memorabilia and film.

A big ThumpUp from me Cool

Nemesis
#3 Posted : 11 October 2018 16:00:10

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

I will be interested in the WNW Dam Busters version, and having the HK Lanc on pre order it will be interesting to compare the 2 kits.
CaptnBirdseye
#4 Posted : 11 October 2018 17:05:03

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators

Nemesis wrote:
I will be interested in the WNW Dam Busters version, and having the HK Lanc on pre order it will be interesting to compare the 2 kits.

I think it will be interesting to see who wins that head-to-head battle Drool
Forum Support Team

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qIC4f1LE86w

Current Builds: 1/12 Spitfire, 1/90 Santisima Trinidad, 1/60 Sultan Arab Dhow, 1/72 Airfix Vulcan, Ugears U9 Grand Prix Car
Tomick
#5 Posted : 12 October 2018 11:08:19

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Administrator, registriert, Official Builds, Tech Support

The other interesting thing is that the Wingnut Wings bomber kit gives you two options of engine type: the RR Merlin XX (for the B.Mk.1) or Packard V-1650-1 Merlin 28 (for the B.Mk.III)

The Dambuster version only gives the Packard V-1650-1 Merlin 28.

The HKM 1/32 Lancaster bomber kit, only gives you the RR Merlin XX option for the B.Mk.1

The Packard Merlin was built in the USA.
pemberg
#6 Posted : 12 October 2018 14:25:02

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team

If they are up to the usual Wingnut Wings quality I would certainly be interested in the Dambuster kit.

Graeme
Spal
#7 Posted : 12 October 2018 16:19:58

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Administrators, Global Forum Support, Official Builds, Tech Support, Registered

pemberg wrote:
If they are up to the usual Wingnut Wings quality I would certainly be interested in the Dambuster kit.

Graeme

I'm with you GraemeBigGrin

Al
Global Forum Support Team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIC4f1LE86w

Built-Eaglemoss Orbiter,Solar System,Nissan GTR,DB5,DeAg Mclaren MP4-23,Hummer,Hayabusa,CB750,Harley Fatboy, Countach,Mustang,C57, Pocher Ducati,Hachette Tiger tank, Tamiya CB750F,