R2-D2 Battery & Test charger Information Options
R2d2man23
#81 Posted : 17 January 2019 18:28:02

Groups: Registered

Lehane wrote:
R2d2man23 wrote:
R2d2man23 wrote:
Tomick wrote:
[quote=R2d2man23]Hi everyone, I’m new here. I mistakenly purchased the protected type 18650 batteries. Would this be the main reason as to why R2 is not operating or could it be something else?

Thank you in advance.
It could be a reason but in any case you should not use a Protected battery type.

A battery that a number of members have purchased is this one:
https://18650.uk/product/samsung-30q-button-top/

Thanks you for the quick response and info. Much appreciated

It seems there’s a waiting list for this type of battery. Any other places that sell the same battery that you know of please ? If not I’ll just wait on the waiting list. Thanks.

Hi, I buy the same batteries from ecolux, another members have buy them from there, and there is a descount with the coupon AMPS+5, here is the link:
https://www.ecoluxshopdi...0mah-15a-button-battery[/quote]

Many thanks for that. It states that they are 3.6v is that ok as in book 92 it states 3.7v ?
Lehane
#82 Posted : 17 January 2019 18:30:14

R2d2man23 wrote:
Lehane wrote:
R2d2man23 wrote:
R2d2man23 wrote:
Tomick wrote:
[quote=R2d2man23]Hi everyone, I’m new here. I mistakenly purchased the protected type 18650 batteries. Would this be the main reason as to why R2 is not operating or could it be something else?

Thank you in advance.
It could be a reason but in any case you should not use a Protected battery type.

It seems there’s a waiting list for this type of battery. Any other places that sell the same battery that you know of please ? If not I’ll just wait on the waiting list. Thanks.

Hi, I buy the same batteries from ecolux, another members have buy them from there, and there is a descount with the coupon AMPS+5, here is the link:

Many thanks for that. It states that they are 3.6v is that ok as in book 92 it states 3.7v ?

I know, in the batteries themself say it’s 3,7v
But all the batteries say 3,6v in the spec information, and everybody are using the 30Q so I think there’s no problem
R2d2man23
#83 Posted : 17 January 2019 18:34:58

Lehane wrote:
R2d2man23 wrote:
Lehane wrote:
R2d2man23 wrote:
R2d2man23 wrote:
Tomick wrote:

Thank you in advance.

I know, in the batteries themself say it’s 3,7v
But all the batteries say 3,6v in the spec information, and everybody are using the 30Q so I think there’s no problem

Ok thanks. Hopefully by buying these batteries R2 will work as the protected batteries I have don’t work and hoping it’s not the circuit board.
semaj
#84 Posted : 20 January 2019 13:21:33

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

R2d2man23 wrote:
R2d2man23 wrote:
Tomick wrote:
R2d2man23 wrote:
Hi everyone, I’m new here. I mistakenly purchased the protected type 18650 batteries. Would this be the main reason as to why R2 is not operating or could it be something else?

Thank you in advance.

They are back in stock now.
[center]building: R2D2
Building: Red Bull RB7 RC kit
semaj
#85 Posted : 20 January 2019 13:26:03

Any more news yet on when the official battery source/offer will be be released? Its becoming a bit of a joke now. 5 months since battery specs were released and promises of an offer from de agostini, and over a month since the production run finished. There is too much ambiguity in the market to simply allow people to try and find something that seemingly doesnt exist. As you have seen already there are some people that have bought completely the wrong batteries. This is becoming a case for trading standards.
Tomick
#86 Posted : 20 January 2019 14:59:26
Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups:

semaj wrote:
Any more news yet on when the official battery source/offer will be be released? Its becoming a bit of a joke now. 5 months since battery specs were released and promises of an offer from de agostini, and over a month since the production run finished. There is too much ambiguity in the market to simply allow people to try and find something that seemingly doesnt exist. As you have seen already there are some people that have bought completely the wrong batteries. This is becoming a case for trading standards.
As I understood it you already have batteries via the 18650uk source and your R2 is operable is it not - clearly they do exist as many have purchased these and similar via Ecolux. Indeed some have bought an incorrect battery, in the main a “Protected” type. The DeAgostini battery is in hand and should have update soon.
semaj
#87 Posted : 22 January 2019 02:53:47

That is not the point. We were promised a supply/offer from de agostini from the very start. And no, mine does not fully work.
R2D2 Builder
#88 Posted : 23 January 2019 04:28:37

Tomick:

The above poster is right. We were promised the offer from the beginning. Deagostini sat on its hands and did nothing for two years while making promises...and charging people. I understand that your job is to shine us on until you get answers but had Deagostini not waited so long, this would be a non-issue.

I am amazed that the model is of such high quality while the customer service is so bad. If Deagostini cannot make a battery offer at least endorse certain batteries so we can buy them.
Tomick
#89 Posted : 23 January 2019 05:12:30
Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups:

As noted in my previous post, there will be update soon.
CT71
#90 Posted : 23 January 2019 18:01:54

Groups:

R2D2 Builder wrote:
Tomick:

The above poster is right. We were promised the offer from the beginning. Deagostini sat on its hands and did nothing for two years while making promises...and charging people. I understand that your job is to shine us on until you get answers but had Deagostini not waited so long, this would be a non-issue.

I am amazed that the model is of such high quality while the customer service is so bad. If Deagostini cannot make a battery offer at least endorse certain batteries so we can buy them.

As Theresa May said "Brexit means Brexit" and did nothing for over two years and now trying to source a deal. But don't worry, she too is sorting it "soon". What a lovely vague term which can mean anything
delboy271155
#91 Posted : 23 January 2019 19:44:06

Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

CT71 wrote:
R2D2 Builder wrote:
Tomick:

As Theresa May said "Brexit means Brexit" and did nothing for over two years and now trying to source a deal. But don't worry, she too is sorting it "soon". What a lovely vague term which can mean anything

So I have a choice.

Hold my breath for a "Brexit" deal or Deag`s batteries.

My money is on the batteries all day long. Flapper Flapper Flapper

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Gandale
#92 Posted : 23 January 2019 21:18:51

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrator

CT71 wrote:
R2D2 Builder wrote:
Tomick:

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin I like your sense of humour....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
CT71
#93 Posted : 23 January 2019 23:56:10

Groups:

delboy271155 wrote:
CT71 wrote:
R2D2 Builder wrote:
Tomick:

So I have a choice.

Hold my breath for a "Brexit" deal or Deag`s batteries.

My money is on the batteries all day long. Flapper Flapper Flapper

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

I wouldn't bet much!!!!!!
semaj
#94 Posted : 25 January 2019 23:25:41

Tomick wrote:

you have been saying 'soon' since September. im sorry if i sound a little harsh, but people are loosing interest and beginning to demand refunds. as i mentioned, be prepared for contact from trading standards, this is not good enough. we have essentially been miss sold a product on promises of something that does not exist.
Tomick
#95 Posted : 25 January 2019 23:41:56
Groups:

semaj wrote:
Tomick wrote:

you have been saying 'soon' since September. im sorry if i sound a little harsh, but people are loosing interest and beginning to demand refunds. as i mentioned, be prepared for contact from trading standards, this is not good enough. we have essentially been miss sold a product on promises of something that does not exist.
Batteries do exist as you yourself have purchased them which are available via a number of sources as you know.
R2D2 Builder
#96 Posted : 26 January 2019 00:00:28

Tomick:

Then endorse the batteries that are ok to use, as I have asked repeatedly...in prior Admin deleted posts ....while we wait for the battery offer coming, "soon."

Of course pack 25 is delayed here in the States.
Tomick
#97 Posted : 26 January 2019 00:02:16
Groups:

R2D2 Builder wrote:
Tomick:

Then endorse the batteries that are ok to use, as I have asked repeatedly. ....while we wait for the battery offer coming, "soon."

Tomick
#98 Posted : 26 January 2019 00:03:16
Groups:

Tomick wrote:
R2D2 Builder wrote:
Tomick:

Then endorse the batteries that are ok to use, as I have asked repeatedly. ....while we wait for the battery offer coming, "soon."

It’s not for me to endorse.

Until the further update of the DeAgostini battery this topic will remain locked.