Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Peter's pics of his modified build Options
pbhawkin
#21 Posted : 03 May 2019 10:44:45

Rank: Beginner Level 3

Groups: Registered

Joined: 08/09/2015
Posts: 25
Points: 68
Location: Mudgee, NSW, Australia
Hi All,
Been a while between updates but I have been plugging away. I have been encouraged by the work that Andreesb has done in his superb thread "Shelby modified extremely" to go back and add a few more details to my build.
Firstly, however here is my first attempt at making a mat for the boot (trunk). I bought some very thin hobby leather and cut it to the shape for the floor of the boot and then printed out the correct pattern (from the web) . So far so good.



All went well with the large water slide decal and it went on ok with some minor fitting issues.
HOWEVER, after a while it became obvious that the dye in the Leather was not waterfast and that in some areas the wet areas had turned GreenAngry and to top it off because of some excess handling the pattern on the decal got worn away making it look like quite a old and used matBlink .
Anyway, following Andreesb suggestion I have ordered a digital fabric print on cotton for the matBigGrin (picture to follow when I get it).

Here are the corrected longitudinal chassis frames that for some reason the kit had as gaps. I used thin Brass cut and bent to shape and size and superglued in (they were later painted with Model Masters acrylic 4631 'Italian Red' to match the primer colour.



And here is the gearbox crossmember with the added Brass parts to fix the again strange and incorrect molding that the kit has. My effort is not to the same standard as Andreesb's isDrool


I also added in the two missing supports that attach the rear of the mufflers to the body (the kit had the muffler attachments molded into the exhaust but NO underbody chassis support to match!).
pbhawkin
#22 Posted : 03 May 2019 10:53:21

Rank: Beginner Level 3

Groups: Registered

Joined: 08/09/2015
Posts: 25
Points: 68
Location: Mudgee, NSW, Australia
I also decided to change the Bonnet hinge plastic to Aluminium and so had a friend cut them for me.


I painted the door edges Nightmist Blue and catches Silver as well as detailing the Chrome parts in Black.


Have also drilled out the side scoops and painted the edges where I removed the plastic Blue. I did not add any screens as the real cars did not have them (Yes, the stones were free to enter the scoops and go into the air tubes leading the the interior air vents!).
pbhawkin
#23 Posted : 06 May 2019 03:51:01

Rank: Beginner Level 3

Groups: Registered

Joined: 08/09/2015
Posts: 25
Points: 68
Location: Mudgee, NSW, Australia
Please feel free to comment I should have said as well!
birdaj2
#24 Posted : 06 May 2019 09:05:46

Rank: Super-Elite

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Registered

Joined: 31/05/2010
Posts: 4,908
Points: 14,766
Location: Wiltshire
Very impressive work.

I just wish i knew a bit more about cars to add extra details to what i am working on..

Happy Modelling

Project: USS Constitution - subscription complete.
Project: Porsche 911 - subscribed to the 24 month option. Project: Jaguar - E type
Project: Harley Davidson Fat boy. Project: Lam. Countach
Project: 1:200 Bismarck (hachette).
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages <12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2009, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.089 seconds.
DeAgostini