Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Really Disappointed with Customer Service Options
waxdart
#1 Posted : 09 May 2019 00:18:51

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

Really excited to start this kit so I placed an order for the monthly installments. First installment took weeks to be shipped. When it arrived it was shipped with no instructions. I was sent a PDF of the instructions after sending in an e-mail, and the paper instructions arrived a week later. No problem. Installment 2 was charged to my account on 4/8 and I was told I would be notified when it shipped...you know the drill. Then every other day for 2 weeks I was sent an e-mail saying I was going to be charged for installment 2. I sent in an e-mail asking why I keep being notified that I was going to be charged when I already had. I had already finished building month 1 and wanted to get on with it. After almost a month of not getting what I had been charged for an e-mail tells me it hadn't been shipped because the magnify glass with hands was not in stock. They told me they would ship month 2 without the magnifier. Great I can work without that. Might have been a good idea to ask me if that was alright 3 weeks ago. Nearly a full month after being charged for month 2 the shipment arrives without the paper instructions. Really? Again? I sent an e-mail asking for the PDF for month 2, and asking to talk to someone other than the people I had been talking to via e-mails yesterday and have not gotten any response. If I had know it was going to be a fight every month to get what I had paid for I would not have purchased this kit. Anyone know who is in charge of this company that might want to know what is going on from the shipment end? Had to vent.... Tim Keily
Erik A
#2 Posted : 09 May 2019 04:18:54

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

the build plans you can download from the modelspace website go to the SOS product guide and click on the build tab and there should be the full set of build instructions and the mast sets

https://www.model-space....f-the-seas-full-kit.html
Current builds
HMS Victory
Endeavour longboat
experten
#3 Posted : 09 May 2019 17:17:07

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Waxdart,

You’ll find that none of your months will be coming with printed directions. The downloads in the link above are THE source now. (This is in line with the trend across the board with manufacturers giving directions on a CD, or a link) The nice thing is that all the months are there, and you can preview months ahead.

Regarding the issue with your shipments; the way the US system is set up, is a pack is backordered, your subscription will not progress. It can be frustrating, but far less so than having parts build up, but still be missing a critical stage.

HTH!
foto1man
#4 Posted : 19 May 2019 22:28:19

Tim,

My experience has been almost identical to yours. It has been everything from shipping issues in the warehouse, magnifier not available, that the order has been confirmed and will notify me by email when the order is shipped, General Manager has been contacted and is aware of the issue. My Month 2 of the SOTS order was placed over 2 months ago. Now my Month 3 has arrived and I can't continue the building process until Month 2 gets here. I hope they don't keep backing up.
At this rate it's going to take I don't know how many years. I like the quality of the product and would like to complete the build but gosh I could almost build the real thing in the time it's taking to get shipments in.

Kenneth