Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Daves Build Options
David56va
#1 Posted : 10 July 2019 21:23:48

Groups: Registered

hi my name is Dave I purchased the full kit of the Victory. I plan on building painted version with sails copper tiles and cut out. Currently i can not start the ship because like many in the US pack two stages 11 thru 20 has been on backorder for several months and no date of restock is known.

After having the Victory sit on the shelf for a couple of months, I decided to at least start painting the 63 figures. I figured that by time the figures are completed I might have pack 2 so I can start on the ship

it takes me a couple of hours to clean, prime, paint, and seal the paint on each figure. So far I have a couple of them completed. I will post pictures as soon as I get a few more completed.
Martyn Ingram
#2 Posted : 10 July 2019 21:50:36

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

BigGrin Hi Dave and welcome to the forum. Really looking forward to seeing your pictures of the crew Cool
Martyn
Building Deag Vasa
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section
Next Build Drago ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Markwarren
#3 Posted : 10 July 2019 22:43:20

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Administrators, Global Forum Support, Registered, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing your progress soon.Cool BigGrin

Mark
Gandale
#4 Posted : 10 July 2019 22:57:15

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrator

Welcome to the forum Dave, hope you enjoy your time with us.... Look forward to seeing your work as your build progresses.... Good luck with the build....Cool Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
David56va
#5 Posted : 10 July 2019 23:23:13

Thanks for the warm welcome. I saw somewhere instructions for posting pictures. But can not seem to find it. Could someone point me in the right direction?? Confused
Gandale
#6 Posted : 10 July 2019 23:26:47

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrator

David56va
#7 Posted : 14 July 2019 18:34:40

i have question i am working on things that i can while waiting for pack 2 to arrive. so i am going to start on the captain launch. in looking at instruction in pack 12 it shows how to tie down all 4 of the boats. it also shows how to put the divots in the raised or lowered position. in the pictures that came with my Victory is show the launch tied to the divots in the lower position but the instruction do not show how to do this. am i missing something or is the pictures just showing it there for looks. i would like to have the launch in the divots or is that wrong Confused Confused
David56va
#8 Posted : 17 July 2019 14:08:53

Called customer service again and still no pack two in stock. This time told me that they have no idea when it will arrive and with so many waiting on it i may not get my pack two when the shipment dies arrive. What gets me is they took my money for a kit that was not in stock. Customer service should tell people when they order that things are out of stock. So my build is on hold and packed up and on the shelf until when and if it arrives. Sorry for venting but this is very frustrating to pay for something and have to wait months for it to arrive
David56va
#9 Posted : 07 August 2019 11:58:14

Due to the missing packs to my victory not being available and will not be for some period of time, i am returning my ship for a full refund. Customer service has jerked me around will the i do not know answer for every question asked. They have no idea what is in stock or not. A friend of mine called them to ask if the victory full kit was in stock and was told yes even though they know it is not. I will be getting another ship but never again from this company. I wish all of you who are waiting on parts the best of luck in getting them
goddo
#10 Posted : 07 August 2019 15:20:41

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Sorry to hear that you have been so disappointed, Dave.
Such a shame that DeAg are presently in such a shambles.
Good luck with whatever you do decide to build.
z8000783
#11 Posted : 07 August 2019 16:17:11

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 posts

Sadly, lying seems to be part of standard practice for customer services these days. Look how long we have been waiting for the new forum to arrive, after endless promises. No one seems to want to take the responsibility to say that it has been cancelled.

There is no way I would order another model from DeAg at the moment until there is positive evidence that all these problems have been resolved. Who wants this kind of hassle in their lives?

David56va
#12 Posted : 07 August 2019 19:03:26

I agree with you. I have asked customer service if Victory was being cancelled and got two different answers. One was i do not know and the other was i have to check on that and will send you a email. Which of course was never sent. I wont be ordering one again until i can get proof that things are fixed