Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

New to the Group Options
Astrosurfer63
#1 Posted : 12 August 2019 18:40:07

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

Hello from Dayton, Ohio!

I'm into "real-space" modeling as a rule, with an emphasis on the Apollo Lunar program, but with the 1/250th scale Yamato and Akagi, I wanted to try something a little different.

Thanks for having me in the group. I ask that you please humor me with my questions....I'm sure I will have many!

Astrosurfer63 (John Waddell)

darbyvet
#2 Posted : 12 August 2019 20:35:56

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Registered, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Hi John,
welcome.I would love to see some of your real space models.I am working on a 1/24 lunar module at the moment.I hope you will post a build diary of your ships here on the forum.

Carl

admin
#3 Posted : 12 August 2019 22:43:16

Groups: Administrator, Administrators

Astrosurfer63 wrote:
Hello from Dayton, Ohio!

I'm into "real-space" modeling as a rule, with an emphasis on the Apollo Lunar program, but with the 1/250th scale Yamato and Akagi, I wanted to try something a little different.

Thanks for having me in the group. I ask that you please humor me with my questions....I'm sure I will have many!

Astrosurfer63 (John Waddell)

Hi John,

First, welcome in! Questions are what these boards are for, to answer and help builders.

We KOVE seeing pics, do please consider a build log of whichever you get going first. (Or, both if you’re slightly bonkers...)
Mark Adams
Gandale
#4 Posted : 12 August 2019 23:22:44

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrator

Welcome aboard John, great to have you with us.... Look forward to seeing some of your work....Cool Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#5 Posted : 13 August 2019 08:08:43

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Administrators, Global Forum Support, Registered, Moderator, Official Builds

Welcome to the forum John, love to see some of your work.

Mark
arpurchase
#6 Posted : 13 August 2019 17:09:55

Groups: Registered, Moderator, Official Builds, Global Forum Support, Administrators

BigGrin Hi John and welcome to the forum. I have built both shis you mention and there on build diary's on the forum. I f you get stuck anywhere just ask. Cool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

roymattblack
#7 Posted : 13 August 2019 17:23:53

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Administrators, Global Forum Support

Hello John and welcome to the mad-house.
I'm sure you will enjoy it here.

When you're ready, let's all see what you're building.

Roy.
RM1
#8 Posted : 13 August 2019 19:27:38

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model Builds
Groups: Registered

Hi John. welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing your posts.
Malc.
delboy271155
#9 Posted : 14 August 2019 16:35:08

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Welcome to the forum. BigGrin

Would be Cool Cool Cool to see some of your work.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

tigerace
#10 Posted : 14 August 2019 17:35:12

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Great to have you on board John BigGrin regards PhilCool
On the go: refurbishment of 1/25 Tamiya tiger 1 , amt Star trek kits and space 1999 models

So Much to Build,But What a Hobby!