Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

New Forum Options
z8000783
#1 Posted : 26 August 2019 08:12:24

Rank: Elite

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 posts
Groups: Registered

Joined: 24/05/2010
Posts: 1,517
Points: 4,554
Location: London & Greece
What is the status of the new new forum that was announced 2 years ago including a clean up of old pictures? I still suffer the problem of not being able to see many of the pictures of people's builds when they put them up.

If the implementation has been shelved then please have the decency to tell us or let us know where you are with it. I can't believe you don't know the answer to this. So is it:

A. There is a commitment but it is still at the planning stage

B. Under development with a estimated completion of xx/yy/zzzz

C. Near to completion with final testing in train. Implementation should be just weeks away.

D. Finished and awaiting final transfer.

Many thanks for your understanding.


NB

And please don't tell me that we will be informed when there is something to say. I assume that goes without saying.



z8000783
#2 Posted : 01 September 2019 17:45:59

Rank: Elite

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 posts
Groups: Registered

Joined: 24/05/2010
Posts: 1,517
Points: 4,554
Location: London & Greece

Does anyone from Admin answer posts in here or is it just a place for members to have a good ol' moan and vent a bit?


Gandale
#3 Posted : 01 September 2019 18:39:52

Rank: Super-Elite

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrator

Joined: 08/09/2012
Posts: 14,583
Points: 44,576
Location: Aberdeen
There has been no further update given to us to date. As soon as we're updated then we'll post up on the forum...

Regards

Alan
admin
#4 Posted : 02 September 2019 14:34:39
Rank: Administration


Groups: Administrator, Administrators

Joined: 24/08/2009
Posts: 1,213
Points: 3,772
z8000783 wrote:
What is the status of the new new forum that was announced 2 years ago including a clean up of old pictures? I still suffer the problem of not being able to see many of the pictures of people's builds when they put them up.

If the implementation has been shelved then please have the decency to tell us or let us know where you are with it. I can't believe you don't know the answer to this. So is it:

A. There is a commitment but it is still at the planning stage

B. Under development with a estimated completion of xx/yy/zzzz

C. Near to completion with final testing in train. Implementation should be just weeks away.

D. Finished and awaiting final transfer.

Many thanks for your understanding.


NB

And please don't tell me that we will be informed when there is something to say. I assume that goes without saying.






At this point, there is nothing being planned. Trust me though, as frustrating as it is for all users, just imagine how it is behind the scenes!
Mark Adams
z8000783
#5 Posted : 04 September 2019 15:42:58

Rank: Elite

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 posts
Groups: Registered

Joined: 24/05/2010
Posts: 1,517
Points: 4,554
Location: London & Greece


To Admin. Many thanks for getting back to me and being honest.

Just to confirm, when we were told over the last 3 to 4 years, that the new forum was about to be launched, that was NOT actually the case?

Is that correct?

z8000783
#6 Posted : 04 September 2019 15:45:04

Rank: Elite

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 posts
Groups: Registered

Joined: 24/05/2010
Posts: 1,517
Points: 4,554
Location: London & Greece

John wrote:
NB

And please don't tell me that we will be informed when there is something to say. I assume that goes without saying.

Gandale wrote:
There has been no further update given to us to date. As soon as we're updated then we'll post up on the forum...

Regards

Alan

I take it that post was just trolling.

You may want to talk to Admin direct Alan, but it doesn't appear that there will be a new forum now, so there is no need for any more 'We will let you know' posts.


z8000783
#7 Posted : 04 September 2019 15:52:56

Rank: Elite

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 posts
Groups: Registered

Joined: 24/05/2010
Posts: 1,517
Points: 4,554
Location: London & Greece

Ammin

Personally, I don't think there is a need for a new forum, although this is not the best in the world by today's standards, it is adequate.

The problem is the failure of attached pictures to display when posts are opened. If DeAg have now changed their plans and no longer wish to deliver a new forum, would it be possible to persuade them to spend just a small amount on getting an engineer to fix this particular problem?

After all its main purpose is for us members to show our progress and seek assistance, therefore displaying photographs is not a bonus or luxury, it is a necessity.

Many thanks.
roymattblack
#8 Posted : 04 September 2019 16:25:04

Rank: Super-Elite

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Administrators, Global Forum Support

Joined: 04/06/2011
Posts: 2,799
Points: 8,552
Location: ipswich
z8000783 wrote:

John wrote:
NB

And please don't tell me that we will be informed when there is something to say. I assume that goes without saying.

Gandale wrote:
There has been no further update given to us to date. As soon as we're updated then we'll post up on the forum...

Regards

Alan

I take it that post was just trolling.

You may want to talk to Admin direct Alan, but it doesn't appear that there will be a new forum now, so there is no need for any more 'We will let you know' posts.





I don't think there was any intention to 'Troll' as you put it.
The message was from a genuine admin/moderator.

I think the messages from 'long ago' were the ones that were wrong.
However, we now have an answer that for now is up to date.




admin
#9 Posted : 04 September 2019 21:19:05
Rank: Administration


Groups: Administrator, Administrators

Joined: 24/08/2009
Posts: 1,213
Points: 3,772
Hi John,

The previous Admin has a bit of a habit of dangling things out there that had a 50/50 chance of being fact. This seems to fall into the 50% rule. It’s been an ongoing discussion for quite a while, and is continuing to be.

There is no furthe tweaking that can be done to this particular platform, save divine intervention. So, we continue to limp along, making do.

This thread is now locked.
Mark Adams
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2009, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.143 seconds.
DeAgostini