Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Lee's San Felipe Options
1979Lee
#1 Posted : 20 September 2019 14:38:28

Groups: Registered

Just wanted to say hi.
After about 5 years wanting to build the H.M.S Victory, I've finally taken the plunge with the San Felipe. The ship looks beautifull. I'm taking advice from the forum and starting a build diary.
Just feeling a little sad because pack 1 is not in stock, so hasn't been delivered yet.😭
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 20 September 2019 17:44:56

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Lee,

Welcome to the forum. BigGrin

A shame that pack 1 is awaiting stock, but rest assured it will be worth the wait as all the ship builds available on Deag are first class.

There`s some amazingly skilled ship builders on this forum and believe me, if you hit an issue with your build then somebody here will help you out.

Keeping a diary will also be of great assistance, because it helps people check on your progress and offer help on your build as you go along.

Foremost, enjoy your build and the hobby as a whole.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Gandale
#3 Posted : 21 September 2019 13:55:26

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrator

Welcome aboard Lee, its great to have you with us and hope you enjoy the experience. Very happy to hear you'll be doing a build diary of this kit, she really does turn into a very attractive model. If you need any advice or help then simply ask. There are many experienced ship builders on this forum only to willing and able to assist when needed. Good luck with your build.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
EmperorMing
#4 Posted : 21 September 2019 14:52:19

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Welcome to the site, I have almost completed this build...its a great kit to build
and Im sure you will enjoy every moment you spend building her...will watch your build with great intrest...happy building Cool
1979Lee
#5 Posted : 21 September 2019 19:05:47

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
Just a quick question, how did you earn all those medals?
Martyn Ingram
#6 Posted : 21 September 2019 19:36:39

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

BigGrin Hi Lee the San Felipe is a lovely kit to build and I loved building it . If you need any help just ask Cool
The medals are given for starting a build log and for finishing , plus you get them for posts. If you look at the top of the home page you find out how they are given out.
Looking forward to seeing your build Cool
Martyn
Building Deag Vasa
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section
Next Build Drago ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
1979Lee
#7 Posted : 18 October 2019 18:06:54

I have a dilema shipmates, I still haven't recieved any parts for my San Felipe and I'm not sure when they are due, and now the HMS victory full kit is on offer, so I'm really tempted by that, or is it sensible to sneak in both, just don't tell my better half? 🤔
darbyvet
#8 Posted : 18 October 2019 18:40:19

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Registered, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

1979Lee wrote:
or is it sensible to sneak in both, just don't tell my better half? 🤔

I tried that with my wife and it worked for a while because the model space boxes all look the same .However once she started reading the labels the gig was up!!!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Crying Crying Crying Crying