Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

how to pack up the falcon between sessions? Options
x_dfo
#1 Posted : 29 October 2019 02:43:25

Groups: Registered

I was curious if there was a packing material that wouldn't break off the greebles (esp those damn pipe elbows) while I store the falcon between work sessions?

Is cotton wool the best thing for this?
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 29 October 2019 09:59:59

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution

I sm building the porsche so while a different kit it needs similsr protection on such things as the wing mirrors so on my build i have been using bubble wrap around it.

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Harley Davidson Fat boy, Lam. Countach, Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
COLLECTING 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar
roymattblack
#3 Posted : 29 October 2019 11:49:10

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Administrators, Global Forum Support

I would imagine cotton wool could be a nightmare.
Apart from forever trying to remove a million bits of 'fluff' and strands from the model, there's a real danger that removing the cotton wool might break off the very parts you are trying to protect.

Personally, I just keep the models out of the way with a cover over them during the build but I appreciate the Falcon is a big beast to store.
admin
#4 Posted : 29 October 2019 16:26:05

Groups: Administrator, Administrators

I quite literally hung mine from a peg on the wall.
Mark Adams
Markwarren
#5 Posted : 29 October 2019 22:55:59

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Administrators, Global Forum Support, Registered, Moderator, Official Builds

Kept mine in a spare room where it couldn’t be knocked and covered it with a sheet.
x_dfo
#6 Posted : 29 October 2019 22:59:44

admin wrote:
I quite literally hung mine from a peg on the wall.

Omg you are brilliant, this is perfect, thanks!