Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages «<234
Hawker Hunter - Large scale STARTED Options
Markwarren
#61 Posted : 06 June 2021 09:18:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Administrators, Global Forum Support, Registered, Moderator, Official Builds

Very nice Derek, looking very clean and tidy.Love Love Drool I hope you’ve measured your windows to get it out.Flapper

Mark
tf64
#62 Posted : 06 June 2021 10:02:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hi Derek,

Hope you are pleased with the build looks fine to me watching with a lot of interest.

Regards

Trev.

Note:
Look at the way Derek has sanded the fuselage and struts together so they are rounded for covering.

Work in progress: Artesania Stage-Coach.

Scratch Build: Tombstone Arizona Diorama

Finished builds: Westland Lysander MK.11 plus large Diorama.

admin
#63 Posted : 07 June 2021 06:30:34

Groups: Administrator, Administrators

This is looking fun! RC aircraft are something I’ve assiduously avoided, despite of a lifelong interest in aircraft, and having flown. (I soloed in a 1947 PA Supercub, off of a dirt strip. Field elevation 7202 feet ASLBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin I haven’t flown in 31 years though. I lost the vision in my left eye, and landing at 75 mph, without depth perception, it was exciting for all the wrong reasons...So I quit.

All that time, and love, and they go SPLAT! But, I absolutely love seeing them built. I may as well live the dream vicariously!

Cheers,

Mark

The world turns softly
Not to spill its lakes and rivers.

The water is held in its arms
And the sky is held in the water.

What is water, That pours silver,
And can hold the sky?

-- Hilda Conkling, Poems for a Little Girl, 1920
Silent_Running
#64 Posted : 07 June 2021 15:19:34

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Moderator

She’s looking fabulous Derek, plenty of frame bulkheads already to look at. Lovely stuff! Drool
Silent_Running
#65 Posted : 07 June 2021 15:27:33

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Moderator

admin wrote:
This is looking fun! RC aircraft are something I’ve assiduously avoided, despite of a lifelong interest in aircraft, and having flown. (I soloed in a 1947 PA Supercub, off of a dirt strip. Field elevation 7202 feet ASLBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin I haven’t flown in 31 years though. I lost the vision in my left eye, and landing at 75 mph, without depth perception, it was exciting for all the wrong reasons...So I quit.

All that time, and love, and they go SPLAT! But, I absolutely love seeing them built. I may as well live the dream vicariously!

Cheers,

Mark

The good thing about R/C aircraft is that the flying rules are exactly the same as the real thing. For instance flying a R/C jet requires you to think ahead and a wrong manoeuvre means you have to know what to do pilot wise on the spot because you don’t have time to think about what you should do.
Kev the Modeller
#66 Posted : 08 June 2021 18:02:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Making good progress Derek and looking good, all very skilfully built so far and it's obvious that you've done plenty of this before. Makes a nice change to see a balsa kit being built on the forum, and it takes me back to when I used to build the old KeilKraft rubber powered planes when I was a lot younger, a lot of years ago! Even had a go at i.c. powered control line planes for a while. Love the smell of balsa glue and doped tissue even to this day!

Keep up the good work. Cool ThumpUp

Kev
Per Ardua Ad Astra