Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Malc's Pocher Fiat F2 Options
RM1
#1 Posted : 27 July 2021 08:04:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

My first Pocher kit and my first non F1 build. I found this one on the net and it’s got a few little extra details. Not all the packets are intact some I’m hoping that everything is there. It’s the K70 kit from the States in the 1970’s.
The Fiat 130 HP F2 was a 1907 car that scooped up many of the major racing prizes of its day. Four cylinder 16.286 Litre… !!! Must have been quite a job to crank that over by hand.
I’m thinking of deviating from the red colour scheme and going for Black which I’ve seen done on a great build of this kit by Rick Levene featured on the Model Motorcars site.

https://www.modelmotorca...ck-levene-usa-1907fiat/

First job is to start identifying the parts. The numbering system is not exactly what I would call Intuitive…. Roy’s restoration build of this kit is going to be a great help.

Malc.
RM1 attached the following image(s):
F2-1.jpg
F2-2.jpg
F2-3.jpg
F2-4.jpg
F2-5.jpg
roymattblack
#2 Posted : 27 July 2021 09:24:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Administrators, Global Forum Support

I'm sure you'll have great fun with this kit.
My build was from a very tatty box of scrap so I had to work with what I had but an un-started kit will give you even more scope to go potty.

I'll be watching in.BigGrin
RM1
#3 Posted : 28 July 2021 14:41:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hi Roy. yep..... can have a bit of fun with this one. It's surprisingly big BigGrin I'll have to find a special shelf it BigGrin
darbyvet
#4 Posted : 28 July 2021 14:50:24

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Registered, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

ooh I cant wait to see what you can do with this Malc. Pocher kits are very frustrating IMO, but well worth all the effort.

Carl