Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Modelspace payment system Options
LM24Hrs
#1 Posted : 07 October 2021 11:11:26

Rank: Beginner Level 1

Groups: Registered

Joined: 11/05/2020
Posts: 7
Points: 11
Location: London
I'm subscribed to the Millenium Falcon and over half way through the build and "The guns. They've stopped" so I haven't received any packs since probably July.
I rang customer service and as seems fairly normal I was fed a line that smells like a load of Moof Milk (not sure if it's pleasant or not tbh Glare )
They claim that the payment system has gone down and they can't take payments so they are testing a new one, Really did I skip through hyperspace or is this a real thing?
roymattblack
#2 Posted : 07 October 2021 14:05:09

Rank: Super-Elite

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Administrators, Global Forum Support

Joined: 04/06/2011
Posts: 3,511
Points: 10,693
Location: ipswich
It's absolutely genuine.

Roy.
admin
#3 Posted : 07 October 2021 17:23:26
Rank: Administration


Groups: Administrator, Administrators

Joined: 24/08/2009
Posts: 1,626
Points: 5,048
Location: Nevada, US
Yeah, it real, and a total PITA!!!

Mark
"Each person you interact with, is an entire universe unto themselves .."

Albert Eisenstein

.

bmwiggins
#4 Posted : 08 October 2021 12:53:14

Rank: Beginner Level 3

Groups: Registered

Joined: 16/02/2017
Posts: 25
Points: 74
Location: Cheshire
LM24Hrs wrote:
I'm subscribed to the Millenium Falcon and over half way through the build and "The guns. They've stopped" so I haven't received any packs since probably July.
I rang customer service and as seems fairly normal I was fed a line that smells like a load of Moof Milk (not sure if it's pleasant or not tbh Glare )
They claim that the payment system has gone down and they can't take payments so they are testing a new one, Really did I skip through hyperspace or is this a real thing?


My experience exactly.

I've read elsewhere in the forum that PayPal is still working and they can take payment for parts with that!? The irony of which is that PayPal is how I have been paying them for the Falcon from the get go right up until end of July when they stopped shipping parts and the stock answer I'm also getting is that the card payment system is not working even though I don't pay them that way.

I too am getting to the point of telling them to forget it leaving me with a half built falcon and a saving of £ 500 over the next year with which I can pay the increased Gas bill we are all facing in the UK.
Built - R2D2, Thunderbird 2, X-Wing / Building ( Ha!) - Millenium Falcon
admin
#5 Posted : 08 October 2021 15:04:41
Rank: Administration


Groups: Administrator, Administrators

Joined: 24/08/2009
Posts: 1,626
Points: 5,048
Location: Nevada, US
bmwiggins wrote:
LM24Hrs wrote:
I'm subscribed to the Millenium Falcon and over half way through the build and "The guns. They've stopped" so I haven't received any packs since probably July.
I rang customer service and as seems fairly normal I was fed a line that smells like a load of Moof Milk (not sure if it's pleasant or not tbh Glare )
They claim that the payment system has gone down and they can't take payments so they are testing a new one, Really did I skip through hyperspace or is this a real thing?


My experience exactly.

I've read elsewhere in the forum that PayPal is still working and they can take payment for parts with that!? The irony of which is that PayPal is how I have been paying them for the Falcon from the get go right up until end of July when they stopped shipping parts and the stock answer I'm also getting is that the card payment system is not working even though I don't pay them that way.

I too am getting to the point of telling them to forget it leaving me with a half built falcon and a saving of £ 500 over the next year with which I can pay the increased Gas bill we are all facing in the UK.



Please shoot me a PM with your details. I’ll see what I can find out.

Mark
"Each person you interact with, is an entire universe unto themselves .."

Albert Eisenstein

.

CaptnBirdseye
#6 Posted : 08 October 2021 15:41:46

Rank: Elite

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered, Official Builds

Joined: 10/05/2010
Posts: 2,477
Points: 7,123
Location: Lincolnshire
bmwiggins wrote:


My experience exactly.

I've read elsewhere in the forum that PayPal is still working and they can take payment for parts with that!? The irony of which is that PayPal is how I have been paying them for the Falcon from the get go right up until end of July when they stopped shipping parts and the stock answer I'm also getting is that the card payment system is not working even though I don't pay them that way.

I too am getting to the point of telling them to forget it leaving me with a half built falcon and a saving of £ 500 over the next year with which I can pay the increased Gas bill we are all facing in the UK.


What stage are you up to? Not Pack 15 by any chance? Unsure
LM24Hrs
#7 Posted : 09 October 2021 10:34:13

Rank: Beginner Level 1

Groups: Registered

Joined: 11/05/2020
Posts: 7
Points: 11
Location: London
CaptnBirdseye wrote:
bmwiggins wrote:


My experience exactly.

I've read elsewhere in the forum that PayPal is still working and they can take payment for parts with that!? The irony of which is that PayPal is how I have been paying them for the Falcon from the get go right up until end of July when they stopped shipping parts and the stock answer I'm also getting is that the card payment system is not working even though I don't pay them that way.

I too am getting to the point of telling them to forget it leaving me with a half built falcon and a saving of £ 500 over the next year with which I can pay the increased Gas bill we are all facing in the UK.


What stage are you up to? Not Pack 15 by any chance? Unsure


I'm upto Pack 14

Thanks all at least it's not just me
CaptnBirdseye
#8 Posted : 09 October 2021 20:38:22

Rank: Elite

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered, Official Builds

Joined: 10/05/2010
Posts: 2,477
Points: 7,123
Location: Lincolnshire
Unsure Unfortunately Pack 15 has been out of stock for well over a your, so don't get your hopes up.....
bmwiggins
#9 Posted : 11 October 2021 08:23:11

Rank: Beginner Level 3

Groups: Registered

Joined: 16/02/2017
Posts: 25
Points: 74
Location: Cheshire
CaptnBirdseye wrote:
bmwiggins wrote:


My experience exactly.

I've read elsewhere in the forum that PayPal is still working and they can take payment for parts with that!? The irony of which is that PayPal is how I have been paying them for the Falcon from the get go right up until end of July when they stopped shipping parts and the stock answer I'm also getting is that the card payment system is not working even though I don't pay them that way.

I too am getting to the point of telling them to forget it leaving me with a half built falcon and a saving of £ 500 over the next year with which I can pay the increased Gas bill we are all facing in the UK.


What stage are you up to? Not Pack 15 by any chance? Unsure



Yeah pack 15 - which is why I keep harassing CS as they need to start getting a grip on the suppliers, get a date, even if its six months from now and tell us that. I've even offered to do the job for them.
Built - R2D2, Thunderbird 2, X-Wing / Building ( Ha!) - Millenium Falcon
CaptnBirdseye
#10 Posted : 12 October 2021 11:35:34

Rank: Elite

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered, Official Builds

Joined: 10/05/2010
Posts: 2,477
Points: 7,123
Location: Lincolnshire
Sad Honestly, i feel it needs to come from DeAgostini themslves. CS just are not geared up to assist in this matter. Until someone over at head office stands up and owns this problem, and formally acknowledges the issue and their roadmap to resolve it, people will continue to leave in droves!
When Hachette had delivery issues they send out a formal apology, but absolutely nothing from DA.
Not good enough by a large margin, and i seriously hope someone forwards this comment to the team in Italy.
Nuff said!
Alfordboy17
#11 Posted : 12 October 2021 13:26:27

Rank: Beginner Level 1

Groups: Registered

Joined: 24/09/2021
Posts: 6
Points: 21
Location: Lincolnshire
Quite agree and it applies to all payment /delivery problems on all models.
We as customers need to be kept in the loop because we are the life and blood of these people as without customers DA and the like would not exist.
John
Gandale
#12 Posted : 12 October 2021 13:26:49

Rank: Super-Elite

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrator

Joined: 08/09/2012
Posts: 15,120
Points: 46,052
Location: Aberdeen
CaptnBirdseye wrote:
Sad Honestly, i feel it needs to come from DeAgostini themslves. CS just are not geared up to assist in this matter. Until someone over at head office stands up and owns this problem, and formally acknowledges the issue and their roadmap to resolve it, people will continue to leave in droves!
When Hachette had delivery issues they send out a formal apology, but absolutely nothing from DA.
Not good enough by a large margin, and i seriously hope someone forwards this comment to the team in Italy.
Nuff said!


Comments on this thread are regularly highlighted to DeAg to keep them aware. It is one of the reasons it became a topic in its own right...Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
CaptnBirdseye
#13 Posted : 12 October 2021 15:02:57

Rank: Elite

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered, Official Builds

Joined: 10/05/2010
Posts: 2,477
Points: 7,123
Location: Lincolnshire
Gandale wrote:


Comments on this thread are regularly highlighted to DeAg to keep them aware. It is one of the reasons it became a topic in its own right...Cool Cool

Regards

Alan


Not sure if that makes the situation better or worse! Being the case, you would have thought some official response would have been forthcoming from Italy, or even, heaven forbid, an apology? Nothing at all smacks of indifference to their customers, which might not be the best business practice in an e-commerce world.

admin
#14 Posted : 12 October 2021 18:07:54
Rank: Administration


Groups: Administrator, Administrators

Joined: 24/08/2009
Posts: 1,626
Points: 5,048
Location: Nevada, US
There is a VERY good reason behind it, and the lack of official response has nothing at all to do with “indifference.” Saying it’s just a customer issue is a bit one sided. Rather obviously, no active payment system also means that there is ZERO money coming in, so I DO suspect it’s a bit of a priority to fix.

Topic locked.

https://forum.model-spac...spx?g=posts&t=35336

Mark
"Each person you interact with, is an entire universe unto themselves .."

Albert Eisenstein

.

Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2009, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.242 seconds.
DeAgostini