Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages 12>
HMS Victory Options
Mastership
#1 Posted : 03 August 2015 22:37:08

Groups: Registered

Hi all, I am new to this blog. I have just obtained about half of the series for HMS Victory build through a deceased estate and now wish to start building once I am finished my current project ( almost finished the "Scottish Maid" also first build) I am hoping that all the missing parts are still obtainable. Happy building all
Gandale
#2 Posted : 04 August 2015 00:04:10

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrator

Hi and a very warm welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your time with us and am sure you'll love building the Vic. If needed you should be able to pick up back issues from the DeAg website, link below....

http://shop.deagostini.c...sues/build-hms-victory/

Hope this helps and hope to see some of your work....

Regards

Alan
stevie_o
#3 Posted : 04 August 2015 00:50:29

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hans
#4 Posted : 04 August 2015 11:56:34

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the Forum Mastership, I am sure you will enjoy and appreciate this forum as we all do.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Endeavour Cross section,D51
Completed: HMS Victory
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
davetwin
#5 Posted : 04 August 2015 12:54:33

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Welcome aboard Matership, I have seen the finished Victory model I'm the flesh, it is a stunning looking model. Hope you enjoy your build Cool
arpurchase
#6 Posted : 04 August 2015 19:01:26

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Official Builds, Global Forum Support, Administrators

BigGrin Welcome to the forum Mastership and enjoy your stay with us and buildCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Garth
#7 Posted : 10 August 2015 20:13:41

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution

Warm welcome to the forum.
Looking forward to following your build.
Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
Mastership
#8 Posted : 10 September 2015 14:40:22

Hi all, it has been some time since i joined this group. I have now completed the building of the "Scottish Maid" bar the sails( this I will tackle soon). I have started on the Victory and have progressed to issue 15 with no real problems however the gun deck needs to be installed and according to the directions they are pinned in place ( problem no pins provided as yet) does one need to purchase your own and where in Johannesburg can I get them. Hopefully I will have my camera repaired soon sorry no pics except swhats on my cell and I do not know how to download them. well looking forward to hearing from you all.
stevie_o
#9 Posted : 10 September 2015 17:01:44

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Hi,
Good to hear you have made a start with the build. The pins are supplied but the first pack does come a little later than required.
You say in your first post that you have obtained half the kit already so if you look ahead a couple of issues then you will see the pins supplied in a small bagBigGrin

Steve
Mastership
#10 Posted : 17 September 2015 15:19:52

BigGrin Thanks Stevie_o, I actually kicked myself for being stupid a little later that same evening, the build is progressing nicely with me being at the Fairing stage now. I hope to start the planking by this Friday evening But we will see how things go. Still not able to upload pics from my BB and the camera is out of order ( Sigh) but will do so at the first opportunity. enjoy your builds guys
Gauncer
#11 Posted : 17 September 2015 16:33:07

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Looking forward to your build, and good luck with your camera getting fixed.

Pictures are a thousand words as they say.

-JG
In the workshop: HMS Victory
Finished builds: Providence Whaleboat
magpie1832
#12 Posted : 17 September 2015 19:36:07

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution

Hope to see our pics soon. Look forward to seeing your progress.
Chris
On the Bench

Tamiya 1/350 King George V with Eduard set and wooden deck.

https://forum.model-space.co.uk/...aspx?g=posts&t=31992
Hans
#13 Posted : 17 September 2015 21:33:03

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Mastership
Esswex Models, Northcliff Corner is the shop that I use for various items, not spares for the Victory but accessories. Hope this helps.
Rgds, Hans
"It's okay to make mistakes. mistakes are our teachers - they help us to to learn, even if it is painfully"
Current Build:
Under the bench: Endeavour x 2,Sovereign of the Seas, Akagi and The Black Pearl!HMS Victory Cross Section
Mastership
#14 Posted : 22 September 2015 11:31:47

Thanks Hans for that info, however I received a major blow today. As i mentioned in my first post this build was part of an estate and had only issues up to No 81 with some inbetween missing so swhen this was offered to me I contacted the Agostini offices in Midrand and was assured that these issues are available. Gues what THEY ARE NOT. so to all intents and purposes I will not be able to complete this build. Wow what a downer!!!!

If there is anybody that knows somebody with a kit that they are unable to build for some reason or that someone who perhaps has the magazines that I can see or purchase please let me know. perhaps i can still salvage something out of this mess.
Garth
#15 Posted : 23 September 2015 06:56:23

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution

Hi Mastership,
Thats really frustratingCursing
Don't give up yet though. Perhaps you could try RNA. I collected a back issue of the Tiger (thats about 3 years old - they were really helpful). pm me for the contact person and tel no.
The second option is to post the issues that you need and perhaps somebody may have spare issues.
Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
Mastership
#16 Posted : 23 September 2015 07:18:15

Hi Garth,
thanks I will as soon as I know how to PM you, in the meantime I also have another option besides burning the lot and that is to post the missing issues which I will do and then ask some kind hearted person to scan all the working pages and mail them to me but that is really asking a lot of some one. of course the other alternative is to find someone who has already completed the build to loan me their copies and I will scan them and then treat the remainder of the build as a scratch build. The issues that I am missing are: 58,61,63 to 65 and then the balance from 82 on-wards. Yes i'm afraid I am very frustrated at this time.Cursing Cursing Cursing

P.S.
Remember that the original purchase was from an estate to assist the family. I did not start and then not finish the collection.
Hans
#17 Posted : 23 September 2015 14:25:32

Hello Mastership
I can gladly assist you with the working copies of the build. I have completed my build so my copies are for reference purposes, so copies or a loan of them can be arranged. I have sent you a pm with my contact details. Give me a call and we can see if we can do something for you.
Rgds, Hans
Current Build:
Mastership
#18 Posted : 06 October 2015 07:57:15

Hi all, it is good to be able to communicate again. First of all thanks Hans for your kindly assistance and also thanks to De Agostini for your assistance also, however owing to circumstances I am not able yet to obtain what is available at this time. Now to the build. I have progressed to issue 26 and have taken some pics with my BB so I am going to try and download them. Comments are welcome. Sorry these are not all my build, I don't know how they got in or how to remove them. how does one remove unwanted pics? please help.
File Attachment(s):
IMG_20151004_215641.jpg (845kb) downloaded 95 time(s).
Martyn Ingram
#19 Posted : 06 October 2015 08:28:15

BigGrin very nicely done Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building Deag Vasa
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section
Next Build Drago ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
Hans
#20 Posted : 07 October 2015 13:10:58

Good job Gary, looking good, take your time and enjoy, she is worth it.
Rgds, Hans
Current Build: