Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages 123>»
Davetwin's Shelby Mustang GT500 Build Options
davetwin
#1 Posted : 12 January 2016 17:38:13

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

I am a bit behind the people that have already built the test version.

After getting my hands on the first set of parts I suitably impressed with the qality. The paing work is a gorgeous metallic affair and the bumpers cam out to a high shine with just a gentle whipe over with a microfibre cloth.

The headlights also have some really nice detail to them Cool

This will look pretty sweet on display with my Laborghini especially once they have had a layer of Tamiya Wax applied Cool

I will be adding a dab of matt black paint to the number plate screws to hide they silver from screwing them in

Martyn Ingram
#2 Posted : 12 January 2016 18:16:23

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

BigGrin That's one good looking kit Dave Cool will be following Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building Deag Vasa
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section
Next Build Drago ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
stevie_o
#3 Posted : 12 January 2016 19:01:39

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

arpurchase
#4 Posted : 12 January 2016 21:10:37

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Official Builds, Global Forum Support, Administrators

BigGrin Nice start DaveCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

davetwin
#5 Posted : 12 January 2016 23:08:29

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

Thanks for the comments guys.

It is a really nice feeling kit so far, a good sign of things to come I expect. I'm really loving colour and how the metallic flakes pop Cool
TheFlyingCouch
#6 Posted : 12 January 2016 23:38:37

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Great pic's Dave, I will put my first parts together soon.

Jon
Gandale
#7 Posted : 13 January 2016 00:59:19

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrator

Very nice, impressed with the detail on the headlight glass. Good luck with the build Dave, will be watching your progress.....

Regards

Alan
greyhawk
#8 Posted : 13 January 2016 02:43:06

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red Medal

davetwin
#9 Posted : 21 January 2016 13:33:25

Thank you all for stopping by and your comments BigGrin

Issue 2 went on sale yesterday, here is my progress with it, must admit forgot all about taking pictures with this one Blushing

We get the the front wheel and brake assembly.

The first job was to get the tyre on the wheel hub, sounds easy right? LOL

This task is a bit of a work out but once done you get a really night snug fit of the tyre on the rim, it wont be going anywhere!! Start off by heating the rubber up either with a hair dryer or leaving it to soak in the sink in hot water (not boiling) for a while. I did both. I then inserted one half of the wheel in and heated the rubber some more, put the whole thing on a hard surface tyre down first and pushed really hard with the palm of my hand.

You do need to be careful not to melt the rubber if you are using a hairdryer!! and once you have the tyre seated make sure it seated correctly all the way around on both sides otherwise when it cools you could end up with a disformed tyre Blink

Next is to assemble the brake assemble, a simple enough task by putting the steering knuckle, disk shield and brake disk together, then the caliper is applied securing it all together. The whole assembly is then secured inside the wheel. Just make sure it rotates Wink

Nytetrain
#10 Posted : 21 January 2016 14:26:25

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution

OH THE AGONY!!! Cursing Watching you guys across the pond building this already and us USA guys having to watch is like making a starving man watch you eat a 5 course meal from behind a window.Drool Flapper Nice job so far Dave. I am green with envy. Cant wait for the US release but I will be watching your build and crying with every post you make.LOL

Ron
Thanks for looking,
Ron

On the bench: "Scottish Maid", DeAgostini D51, DeAgostini Millenium Falcon, DeAgostini '67 Ford Shelby Mustang, Nytetrain's "Hold the line build"
Finished builds: DeAgostini Toyota 2000GT
In the Stash: Losing count...
birdaj2
#11 Posted : 21 January 2016 15:01:09

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution

Dave

Looks like some very tiny parts that the "carpet monster" would love to get hold of.

That said they are detailed and look really good.

Hope the rest of the build goes well.
Happy Modelling

Project: USS Constitution - subscription complete.
Project: Porsche 911 - subscribed to the 24 month option. Project: Jaguar - E type
Project: Harley Davidson Fat boy. Project: Lam. Countach
Project: 1:200 Bismarck (hachette). Project: James Bond DB5 (eaglemoss)
davetwin
#12 Posted : 21 January 2016 19:46:03

It's a great kit so far Ron, I'm sure you won't have long to wait for this in the US Cool

Tony, sssshh, you might wake up my carpet monster LOL LOL, the parts are really nice. I did think aboutm stripping the chrome off the bumper and respraying it with perhaps Alclad but I'm not,so,sure it needs it Cool
TheFlyingCouch
#13 Posted : 22 January 2016 19:24:05

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Nice close up pictures! Looking forward to issue6

Jon
delboy271155
#14 Posted : 22 January 2016 20:56:40

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

That`s a good start and those parts look cracking.Cool

Eagerly awaiting more of the same.

Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

davetwin
#15 Posted : 23 January 2016 01:18:28

Thanks for your comments Jon and Derek

The parts are very nice and this should look pretty sweet parked up next to the Lamborghini BigGrin
Gandale
#16 Posted : 23 January 2016 09:23:17

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrator

Another great update Dave, lovely work....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
DaveSea
#17 Posted : 01 February 2016 20:43:18

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Dave, amazing model & good start! Upset that they don't have subscription for the US market, would love to get it. Looking forward to more updates.
Completed Building Walter Wolf's Lamborghini Countach LP 500S, Harley Davidson Fat Boy, Suzuki GSX 1300R Hayabusa, Honda CB750.
Planning to Build Easy Rider Bike, Valentino Rossi's Yamaha YZR-M1
davetwin
#18 Posted : 01 February 2016 22:19:09

Thanks Dave

I'm sure it will be out in the states soon, it will be worth the wait BigGrin

I do have another update to post but need of finish some extra painting that I've added Cool
MrObsessive
#19 Posted : 04 February 2016 22:16:07

Dave, I'm here DROOLING over my keyboard over this car! Drool

Like the others, I am impatiently waiting for this to be offered here in the U.S. What the holdup is I don't know-----------I heard about and seen this car over a year ago, yet still no subs for any of us here yet. Mad

Keep up the good work! If and when I get my hands on one of these, I'll be superdetailing it like no tomorrow. Brake/Emergency lines, full engine wiring and hoses...........the whole bit.

I've already plunked down some change for Pocher's upcoming 1/8 '55 Mercedes 300SL......I'd sure love to have this parked along with it! Wink
davetwin
#20 Posted : 04 February 2016 22:51:34

MrObsessive wrote:
Dave, I'm here DROOLING over my keyboard over this car! Drool

Like the others, I am impatiently waiting for this to be offered here in the U.S. What the holdup is I don't know-----------I heard about and seen this car over a year ago, yet still no subs for any of us here yet. Mad

Keep up the good work! If and when I get my hands on one of these, I'll be superdetailing it like no tomorrow. Brake/Emergency lines, full engine wiring and hoses...........the whole bit.

I've already plunked down some change for Pocher's upcoming 1/8 '55 Mercedes 300SL......I'd sure love to have this parked along with it! Wink

Thanks Obsessive

It is a great build and will definitely be worth the wait, It was posted in another thread that it's coming to them US early 2016 so not too long to wait.

I will post and update over the weekend, I've been doing a spot of painting Cool