Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Start your Soleil Royal build for just £9.99 Options
Tomick
#1 Posted : 20 May 2016 15:40:53

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Administrator, registriert, Official Builds, Tech Support

ian smith
#2 Posted : 20 May 2016 20:46:15

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Great offer, it Looks such a nice Kit.
Ian
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.
jase
#3 Posted : 20 May 2016 22:23:07

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

I am building this one, Cannot wait for parts to arive, nice offer too

Jase
davetwin
#4 Posted : 20 May 2016 23:03:12

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

It's a great offer on a stunning looking ship.

I love watching these plank on frame ships come together so looking forward to seeing some build diaries
greyhawk
#5 Posted : 20 May 2016 23:15:23

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red Medal

Seeing as how this has been announced for Germany, I'll definitely be in too. Gonna shelf the Viccy for the time being.
Gibbo
#6 Posted : 04 June 2016 00:31:21

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service Medal

Good to see you doing this one Chris, going to be following and looking forward to it.
Cheers
Paul
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. DeAgostini HMS VictoryCollecting: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.
delboy271155
#7 Posted : 27 June 2016 18:41:13

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Registered, Tech Support, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Official Builds

That`s a great offer for anyone thinking of starting this build.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
Global Forum Support Team

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qIC4f1LE86w

jase
#8 Posted : 27 June 2016 19:21:15

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

That's a great saving especially on the 12 month option, a stunning model and as you say Chris excellent quality

Jase
arpurchase
#9 Posted : 02 May 2017 20:47:38

Groups: Administrators, Registered, Global Forum Support, Official Builds, Moderator, Tech Support

BigGrin Sounds like a deal to meCool
Global Forum Support Team
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

https://www.youtube.com/...4f1LE86w&app=desktop
Martyn Ingram
#10 Posted : 08 February 2018 17:39:10

BigGrin Grab it as its a great ship to build and what a deal 😍
Martyn
Building Deag Vasa
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section
Next Build Drago ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
VernWalker
#11 Posted : 25 May 2018 15:10:51

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

This might not be the correct place for this post, however here goes. I plan to visit England in September 2018, it is also my plan to build the Soleil Royal.
My thoughts are that it may be more economical to purchase the kit in England and carry it back to Canada as hand luggage or to put it into a largish suitcase. I am allowed two,pieces of checked baggage. One advantage I would not have to pay any Canadian duty or sales tax as travelers have a fairly good exemption.
So what I need to know is what are the dimensions and weight of the full kit?
To buy the kit in England the landed cost would be approximately $CAD 1303.00 buying the kit from the USA would be approximately $CAD 1878.00 not including any duty or sales tax Canadian customs inspectors might decide to add on.

Thank you for any thoughts you may have.

VernWalker
#12 Posted : 01 October 2018 21:25:28

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Picked up my Soleil Royal kit while I was visiting family in England. Can’t wait to start, but have to finish off the schooner project that I started last year. All that is left is to complete is the rigging so it shouldn’t be too long before I start the Soleil Royal build.
The kit fits into a large carry on suitcase sans box. The customs and border drug dog was very puzzled over the contents of my case. Maybe the customs officer will order a kit as well.
I don’t usually work on models until after the snow arrives, we had nine days of snow middle of September while I was in England.Confused usually comes end of October.
magpie1832
#13 Posted : 01 October 2018 21:49:53

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Global Forum Support, Tech Support, Official Builds

Great news Vern, Glad you got it back home. Look forward to seeing your build start. Maybe you could start a build diary in the build section when you do start her. Also would be great to see your schooner build in the build section.

Chris