4 Pages «<234
R2-D2 Battery Information Options
dachre
#61 Posted : 11 December 2018 14:32:00

Groups: Registered

baldie wrote:
jennings74 wrote:
18650.uk Samsung, 3000mAh, unprotected button top

Just purchased these as I gave up waiting for DeA to announce an official supplier. If you use the code R2d2 on the check out page you get a few quid off. Free second class postage, £28 for 6!!!

yep me too BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Yes, I have chosen to do the same as they're back in stock at the moment. Although I stumped up the extra quid for 1st class postage..BigGrin So I should have my batteries by the weekend and as I'm waiting for my last batch of build mags (next few days, i guess), I may have the batteries before my last build mags.
jennings74
#62 Posted : 11 December 2018 15:56:38

dachre wrote:
baldie wrote:
jennings74 wrote:

Just purchased these as I gave up waiting for DeA to announce an official supplier. If you use the code R2d2 on the check out page you get a few quid off. Free second class postage, £28 for 6!!!

Yes, I have chosen to do the same as they're back in stock at the moment. Although I stumped up the extra quid for 1st class postage..BigGrin So I should have my batteries by the weekend and as I'm waiting for my last batch of build mags (next few days, i guess), I may have the batteries before my last build mags.

Its going to take a few days to charge up 6 x3000mAh batteries so you will be just in time. I think my last delivery is due around the 20th, so hopefully I should get it before Christmas.
dachre
#63 Posted : 11 December 2018 17:51:23

jennings74 wrote:
dachre wrote:
baldie wrote:
jennings74 wrote:

Its going to take a few days to charge up 6 x3000mAh batteries so you will be just in time. I think my last delivery is due around the 20th, so hopefully I should get it before Christmas.

Really, it will take a few days to charge. Ok, I will just get everything ready for the final build over the Christmas holidays. As long as my last batch of build mags turn up before then, everything should be fine.
Also, the web site 18650.uk has sold out of the samsung-30q-button-top again. They only had them in stock for 2 days.
Hazymoments
#64 Posted : 13 December 2018 12:08:23

baldie wrote:
jennings74 wrote:

Looks like I left it a little late, 18650.uk are out of stock of these at the moment. I've joined the waiting list, let's hope they get more stock soon.
PhilC
#65 Posted : 13 December 2018 12:56:43

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hazymoments wrote:

Looks like I left it a little late, 18650.uk are out of stock of these at the moment. I've joined the waiting list, let's hope they get more stock soon.

To be honest mate they are turning these around quicker than they can let people on the waiting list know , best to just keep checking back on the page , they update as soon as they have then avaiable
SOME MORNINGS IT JUST DOESN'T SEEM WORTH IT TO GNAW THROUGH THE LEATHER STRAPS
PhilC
#66 Posted : 13 December 2018 14:11:50

Many have received them Tomick (quick dispatch and delivery) , they are the correct ones , buttons applied , and no protection , they charge fine however not had the chance to try in R2 yet , not sure if you have heard , there is a little issue in delays in getting the last deliverys out ATM .... will keep you informed when we know more.

(Sorry)

(not much though !)
SOME MORNINGS IT JUST DOESN'T SEEM WORTH IT TO GNAW THROUGH THE LEATHER STRAPS
semaj
#67 Posted : 13 December 2018 14:13:45

Lots of people have received them, the delivery is super quick. Only seen 2 people confirm theirs works outside of here (with videos). Everyone else is still waiting for the delivery which is becoming late
[center]building: R2D2
Building: Red Bull RB7 RC kit
semaj
#68 Posted : 13 December 2018 19:27:15

if it helps, i have seen a few videos posted on facebook of peoples robots working as intended at this point (starting up, saber pop up, arms fold out and patrol mode) with the samsung 30q button top batteries purchased from said website.

so anyone having problems it is likely down to bad batteries, poor connections or faulty circuits. the hard part is trying to eliminate things and fault find as there is a lot of circuits here.

i have noticed off peoples videos though that sometimes if an object is too small (such as a chair leg for e.g) the sensors might not always pick it up, not a fault, just the object it too small. also if the space is a bit cramped it can confuse them a little bit and may sometimes bump into something. again, not something i would see as a fault.

hope this helps
Jasper2
#69 Posted : 13 December 2018 19:27:51

Yes, Samsung 30Q "pinkies" work perfectly.
BarefacedDeath
#70 Posted : 16 December 2018 12:23:44

after checking everywhere online and offline :), I managed to find these but they are selling fast - i think only 7 sets left:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183519306971
semaj
#71 Posted : 16 December 2018 14:14:03

Ecolux have a problem with the buttons on their batteries which they have said about on facebook.

What people need to realize is (and i didnt know this either until recently) is that there is no 18650 produced by manufacturers with a button top. They are all manufactured as flat top cells and the buttons are all added post manufacture.

The guys over on the 18650.co.uk website are physically spot welding the buttons on which is far safer and a much better contact on the cell and in the pack. The guys at ecolux have slightly different buttons that are just stuck on with double sided tape plus then there is a cardboard disc that sits on top which obscures the button and they dont make contact in the pack.

Nothing wrong with the cells themselves, its just that the button end is simply not good enough for what we require.
Gav777uk
#72 Posted : 16 December 2018 14:37:24

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

18650.uk had some more in stock last night because I bought mine. I never received an email, you just need to keep checking back,possibly towards the end of each day after more button tops have been fitted. I don't think they're short of the actual cells, just struggling to keep up demand.
R2D2 Builder
#73 Posted : 16 December 2018 16:23:26

I see many recommendations on which batteries to buy. Admin, is it ok to buy the batteries recommended here or are we still waiting for input from Deagostini?

An update would be appreciated. I would like to buy my batteries while at issue 92.
Markwarren
#74 Posted : 16 December 2018 17:10:39

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered, Administrators, Tech Support, Global Forum Support, Official Builds

As you are only at issue 92 you may want to wait for the approved batteries. However, if you do purchase batteries elsewhere be very sure you get the right specification and from a reputable supplier. A guide for the type of batteries can be found on the troubleshooting guide.

https://forum.model-space.co.uk/...aspx?g=posts&t=30247
Tomick
#75 Posted : 16 December 2018 17:11:30

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Global Forum Support, Administrator, registriert, Official Builds, Tech Support

R2D2 Builder wrote:
I see many recommendations on which batteries to buy. Admin, is it ok to buy the batteries recommended here or are we still waiting for input from Deagostini?

An update would be appreciated. I would like to buy my batteries while at issue 92.
I am afraid I can’t recommend any battery outside of what DeAgostini approve. Availability of such is being finalised and hopefully updated this week.