Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages «<2345>
R2-D2 Battery & Test charger Information Options
R2D2 Builder
#61 Posted : 05 January 2019 22:28:31

Groups: Registered

Well...if you could provide more information or a decent estimate as to when we can expect this information, the folks in the former colonies would be grateful.
Tomick
#62 Posted : 05 January 2019 23:32:59
Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups:

R2D2 Builder wrote:
Well...if you could provide more information or a decent estimate as to when we can expect this information, the folks in the former colonies would be grateful.
That’s the info provided by DeAgostini. I believe there is a month yet before final packs in the US are shipped. Hopefully all will be in place by then as it’s a very different process to manage for the USA as a battery offer has to meet US regulations which differ to EU regs.
Prah18
#63 Posted : 08 January 2019 08:43:14

Just a thought, is there any way to modify battery and/or battery pack to allow one to use flat tops instead? Maybe solder a small nut to the top of the battery or the blade terminal in the battery pack?
Tomick
#64 Posted : 08 January 2019 09:53:33
Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution
Groups:

Prah18 wrote:
Just a thought, is there any way to modify battery and/or battery pack to allow one to use flat tops instead? Maybe solder a small nut to the top of the battery or the blade terminal in the battery pack?
The battery box or battery should not be modified in any way - It would invalidate the battery box and modifying a battery carries risk of danger to your self!
Prah18
#65 Posted : 08 January 2019 11:36:58

Tomick wrote:
Prah18 wrote:
The battery box or battery should not be modified in any way - It would invalidate the battery box and modifying a battery carries risk of danger to your self!

Ok I can appreciate and understand what you are saying however as mentioned in post 45 of this forum "The guys over on the 18650.co.uk website are physically spot welding the buttons on which is far safer and a much better contact on the cell and in the pack." and I know you can freely purchase solder tags for these batteries so you can permalink them. So can not anybody with welding experience be able to weld thier own buttons on?
Tomick
#66 Posted : 08 January 2019 11:47:27
Groups:

Prah18 wrote:
Tomick wrote:
Prah18 wrote:

Ok I can appreciate and understand what you are saying however as mentioned in post 45 of this forum "The guys over on the 18650.co.uk website are physically spot welding the buttons on which is far safer and a much better contact on the cell and in the pack." and I know you can freely purchase solder tags for these batteries so you can permalink them. So can not anybody with welding experience be able to weld thier own buttons on?
Those guys are doing so professionally and also carry liability. Anyone will tell you not to mess with Lithium-ion batteries. If you do so then its at your own risk but I strongly recommend against.
Prah18
#67 Posted : 08 January 2019 12:25:44

Tomick wrote:
Prah18 wrote:
Tomick wrote:
Prah18 wrote:

Those guys are doing so professionally and also carry liability. Anyone will tell you not to mess with Lithium-ion batteries. If you do so then its at your own risk but I strongly recommend against.

Ok point made. Thanks to the forum users who have posted links. Unfortunately those that I have tried are out of stock of the button tops though seem to have flat tops in abundance. I have also noticed that this is generally the case across the web.

As a suggestion to DeA maybe they could release an alternative battery pack that allows R2 owners to use the more common flat top batteries?
Tomick
#68 Posted : 08 January 2019 16:03:01
Groups:

Prah18 wrote:
Tomick wrote:
Prah18 wrote:
Tomick wrote:
Prah18 wrote:

Ok point made. Thanks to the forum users who have posted links. Unfortunately those that I have tried are out of stock of the button tops though seem to have flat tops in abundance. I have also noticed that this is generally the case across the web.

As a suggestion to DeA maybe they could release an alternative battery pack that allows R2 owners to use the more common flat top batteries?
Ecolux have a range of batteries suitable for R2 which meet UK/EU battery regulations/ compliance/guidance.

Contact for details: https://www.ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk/contacts/
pwhitrow
#69 Posted : 09 January 2019 12:22:23

Any specific reason we can't fit the batteries in to the battery box at this point? Would like to insert them and check correct voltages prior to use.
Tomick
#70 Posted : 09 January 2019 12:57:57
Groups:

pwhitrow wrote:
Any specific reason we can't fit the batteries in to the battery box at this point? Would like to insert them and check correct voltages prior to use.
You can test the power from battery box at issue 92 but on no account should the power be plugged into R2 at this point.
Following your test, remove the batteries from the box until the relevant point they are installed in issue 100.
pwhitrow
#71 Posted : 09 January 2019 12:59:03

Tomick wrote:
pwhitrow wrote:
You can test the power from battery box at issue 92 but on no account should the power be plugged into R2 at this point.
Following your test, remove the batteries from the box until the relevant point they are installed in issue 100.

Thanks for your replay mate.
Lehane
#72 Posted : 15 January 2019 08:40:50

Any news about the batteries’ link?
I’m from Spain and today I’ll have the last issue but I don’t have the bateries yet because I don’t understand about it and I don’t want to purchase them and break my R2...
Anyways, if someone purchase them in ecolux and can say me if there’re working good, that would be helpful.
Tomick
#73 Posted : 15 January 2019 09:32:09
Groups:

Lehane wrote:
I’m from Spain and today I’ll have the last issue but I don’t have the bateries yet because I don’t understand about it and I don’t want to purchase them and break my R2...
Anyways, if someone purchase them in ecolux and can say me if there’re working good, that would be helpful.
Ecolux have a range of batterie4s suitable for R2 which meet UK/EU battery regulations/compliance/guidance. Contact for details: https://www.ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk/contacts/
Lehane
#74 Posted : 15 January 2019 09:38:28

Tomick wrote:
Lehane wrote:
Ecolux will soon have a special edition “Ampsplus” 18650 Battery, 2800mAh, 8A, Button Top, Unprotected cell.
“Ampsplus” is their own brand which meets UK/EU battery regulations/ compliance/guidance and is a branded cell type.
Contact for details: https://www.ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk/contacts/

I’ll contact, but the link from the DeAgostini will be release soon? Or still without news?
Tomick
#75 Posted : 15 January 2019 09:50:47
Groups:

Lehane wrote:
I’ll contact, but the link from the DeAgostini will be release soon? Or still without news?
Hopefully very soon, yes.
R2d2man23
#76 Posted : 17 January 2019 16:57:31

Hi everyone, I’m new here. I mistakenly purchased the protected type 18650 batteries. Would this be the main reason as to why R2 is not operating or could it be something else?

Thank you in advance.
Tomick
#77 Posted : 17 January 2019 17:04:11
Groups:

R2d2man23 wrote:
Hi everyone, I’m new here. I mistakenly purchased the protected type 18650 batteries. Would this be the main reason as to why R2 is not operating or could it be something else?

Thank you in advance.
It could be a reason but in any case you should not use a Protected battery type.

A battery that a number of members have purchased is this one:
https://18650.uk/product/samsung-30q-button-top/

R2d2man23
#78 Posted : 17 January 2019 17:05:29

Tomick wrote:
R2d2man23 wrote:

Thank you in advance.
It could be a reason but in any case you should not use a Protected battery type.

Thanks you for the quick response and info. Much appreciated
R2d2man23
#79 Posted : 17 January 2019 17:15:34

R2d2man23 wrote:
Tomick wrote:
R2d2man23 wrote:

Thank you in advance.

It seems there’s a waiting list for this type of battery. Any other places that sell the same battery that you know of please ? If not I’ll just wait on the waiting list. Thanks.
Lehane
#80 Posted : 17 January 2019 17:19:46

R2d2man23 wrote:
R2d2man23 wrote:
Tomick wrote:
R2d2man23 wrote:

Thank you in advance.

It seems there’s a waiting list for this type of battery. Any other places that sell the same battery that you know of please ? If not I’ll just wait on the waiting list. Thanks.

Hi, I buy the same batteries from ecolux, another members have buy them from there, and there is a descount with the coupon AMPS+5, here is the link:
https://www.ecoluxshopdi...00mah-15a-button-battery