Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages <1234>
Samson's KDY15 Options
Gandale
#41 Posted : 16 January 2019 23:25:26

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build
Groups: Registered

She's looking great Jens, think you've done a lovely job on restoring her. Should be very proud of your achievement so far.... Well done....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
samson
#42 Posted : 19 January 2019 22:43:55

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Alan BigGrin
thanks for your always real frendly komments it means a lot to me

i have searched the Youtube after "folke junior" ( Thats wat they call them in germany ) and found a few movies of approx. 1 minute variety, that is J no 274 - my junior boat. "Beat" built in 1961 for Hvidovre sailing club. I was very surprised to see it again on Youtube. Huh

her is a link to the video of her on youtube :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZhhfunkebI

Here is a link to KDY page with rigists of all the 440 junior boats that are built and approved. note just no 274 "Beat" BigGrin

http://kdyjunior.dk/?page_id=121

inspired by the video of "Beat" my old junior boat no. 274 I will now add a hanger at the mast foot. It is for ropes for the sails up and down

but when I pull the rope, I pull the hanger up from the deck. I have to weld the thread iron on and stuck it firmly

there is still some way to go but this is a picture I have now reached.

Il Be Back as Arnold woud say

Jens.
delboy271155
#43 Posted : 19 January 2019 23:20:01

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution

WTG Jens

The mast foot hanger is great work, well done.

Cool Cool Cool Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

arpurchase
#44 Posted : 20 January 2019 09:30:59

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourPublisher Medal: Article published MedalActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding build

BigGrin Looking good and nice workCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#45 Posted : 20 January 2019 09:52:29

Another very nice update, she's looking great....Cool Cool

Loved the video, looks like a very peaceful and enjoyable days sailing.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#46 Posted : 20 January 2019 10:53:23

Very nice work.Love ThumpUp

Mark
samson
#47 Posted : 21 January 2019 16:00:04

Hi Derek , Andy, Alan and Mark BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

thanks for your nice words about my model ship. It's nice of you to comment.
yes think once- what is the probability of seeing your old ship on youtube. over 440 boats have been built and then just mine that occurs on video. I am at least happy to see it in such good condition - the videos are from 2010 and 2011 but probably it is still really nice even though it may has changed ovners once or twice since. I would like to go to germany to look it up .Cool
samson
#48 Posted : 21 January 2019 23:56:27

Hello everyone
a small update on today's work. I have recycled the old tiller and reborn it as a flagpole - yes it was probably the last thing to put on, but it just fell right to do it now.

cheers.
samson
#49 Posted : 27 January 2019 13:04:10

Hi All. the days opdate :
i build a sleds for the jib rope .

Gandale
#50 Posted : 27 January 2019 13:51:32

Its the little touches that make all the difference, looking fab.....Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
samson
#51 Posted : 05 February 2019 23:27:38

Hello everyone BigGrin
a last update before I sew new sails and finish this project.
I have found on the web a Swedish site where the original drawings for building a Kdy 15 can be downloaded. And that means something to me when you have built the "whole" model yourself. Maybe I want to build it a little bigger in order to sail with it with radio control. but now first new sails for this one.

Cheers
Gandale
#52 Posted : 06 February 2019 00:47:08

A beautiful transformation Jens and credit to your skills.... Drool Drool .. Seeing you build a bigger RC version with video of her maiden voyage would be a pleasure to follow...Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
Markwarren
#53 Posted : 06 February 2019 08:55:54

Outstanding transformation. A credit to your skills, she looks superb.Love Drool

Mark
DaDokta
#54 Posted : 06 February 2019 08:59:36

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalRed Medal: Red MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution

Outstanding build! This is looking awesome!
Greetings,
Walter

Present builds:
HMS Victory

Builds started but currently on a hold:
AKAGI, Supermarine Spitfire, Hachette U-96

On the shelf:
HMS Victory Cross-section, Italeri "Fiat Mefistofele", Italeri "Moto Guzzi California", Fokker "Red Baron", Revell Bismarck, Revell Tirpitz, Arab Dow, Stage Coach, .....

Completed builds:
McLaren MP4/4, D-51
samson
#55 Posted : 06 February 2019 16:41:42

Hi Alan , Mark and Walter BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

thanks for your overwhelming praise, I blush.BigGrin
I can't help looking for pictures for inspiration to build upon, and sometimes interesting things show up - note the number in the sail.

gaby_arrives are the name on the pic ? can it bee my proud "Beat" is named Gaby ?

I have enlarged a drawing up to 1:10 to fit the model. it is certainly a bit extreme in its positive form in the back. but according to the drawing there were at 3 heights max lengths the sail chut be and it stays within it. so I use this as a model.

Cheers All

Jens
Garth
#56 Posted : 10 February 2019 17:46:00

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contribution

Hi Jens,
Awesome job!!! Well done. She looks amazing.
Kind regards,
Garth
"Measure twice, cut once!!!"
Finished!!! HMS Victory,
Current build: Black Pearl.
On hold: Bismarck, Golden Hind, Flying Scotsman, Victory Cross Section, SOTS, Tiger 1.
Wish list: USS Constitution.
samson
#57 Posted : 10 February 2019 23:50:35

Hi Garth BigGrin

thanks for your fin comment , i apriciats it a lot Cool
Now i finis suing sails so I consider the project to be completed. I have a couple before and after pictures. What I most like to emphasize is that I have changed keel and rudder to a more real desine and then to change steel wire to really braided wire. that can be tightened up. And then of course new sails - probably the most significant improvement.

Cheers

Jens
Gandale
#58 Posted : 11 February 2019 00:20:01

Superb job Jens, you've certainly given her a new lease of life.... Love Love .. Loved following your progress on this one and look forward to seeing what you take on next.....Drool Drool .. Very well done....

Regards

Alan
arpurchase
#59 Posted : 11 February 2019 00:41:52

BigGrin Great work on bringing an old lady back to life and a credit to your skillsDrool Drool Cool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Markwarren
#60 Posted : 11 February 2019 08:40:25

Excellent job, she looks stunning.Love

Mark